Monday, January 5, 2009

CARROT HALWA

This I learnt from my friend Raji. This is so easy and quick fix sweet... I prepared this for my guest in an occasion. That day my mama, mami and their daughter came to our house. My cousin is coming first time after my marriage from U.S. I told my husband to buy some sweet and already I had some snack in my house and arranged for dinner. As usual my hubby dear forgotten my words and came back with empty hand from office. Mm… wat to do I imdtly grated the carrot lied in my fridge and started preparing carrot halwa n alas! when I was about to add the sugar I found that there was no sufficient sugar in my kitchen… Guess how I could manage the show…. They bought pal khova and Kara boondhi for us… I used that sweet khova instead of sugar and really it came out very well and looks so creamy. I raised my collar up by saying wow! Hema u have done a good job.

He! He! He! No… No… No… don feel too much dears… go to the recipe now…

INGREDIENTS

Grated carrot 2 cups
Milk Kova (Sweet one bought from stall)- ½ or ¾ cup
Add or reduce according to yr taste bud.
Kesari color powder- a pinch
Milk – ¼ cup
Saffron few strings (optional)
Elachi powder a pinch
Fried cashew nuts for garnishing

METHOD

Add the freshly grated carrot along with a spoon of ghee in a microwave safe bowl. Cook it on high for 3 mts then add milk and cook for another 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in between. Then add khova, combine well and cook for another 8 to 10 mts. Keep stirring for every 2 to 3 mts. Add saffron and elachi powder mix it well and cook of 2 mts.Then garnish with cashews. Now the yummy creamy carrot Halwa is ready for u…

Hi friends a small obligation to u... If u come to know any event suitable for this recipe kinly let me know ma... so that I can also send this to that Event.... Thank u dears.

Sending this to Trupti's Announcing ' Winter Treat ' Event

Cooking for kids started by Sharmi and hosted now my Preety.

35 comments:

Unknown said...

I add condensed milk to carrot halwa and it tastes great..
I am sure adding pal khova must have imparted the required sweet tatse..

Shama Nagarajan said...

hai hema....yummy delicious..........

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thanks for the so quick response dears....

sriharivatsan said...

Wow superb presentation..But you have sent me back only with coffee yesterday..Padupaavi..kaadhu vazhiya puga varudhu parunga..

Anonymous said...

This is for sure the most sought after sweet among we Indians..yummy..

CurryLeaf said...

yum yum yum pass it to me.I sometimes add condensed milk to it.The pal khova makes it all the more yummier

Adlak's tiny world said...

No hard feelings srividhya... visiri vidava pugaya pokka...

Thnaks CL and Ann.

Sharmi said...

the halwa is decorated so well:)

Premyscakes said...

Carrot halwa looks soo.. delicious and presented so well decorated.

AnuSriram said...

Thats a nice idea of adding khoa instead of sugar! Halwa looks delicious!

Priya Suresh said...

Wowoww pasikuthey Hema...cute presentation...kalakals..makes me hungry pa!!

anudivya said...

This is one of your best presentations. I will keep that "khova" tip handy the next time I run out of sugar.

Sanghi said...

Hema dear.. Wat an idea?! engeyo poyitinga ponga..!! Lovely presentation too.
I'll use home-made fresh soft panneer at the finishing stage, even it would taste good!

Cham said...

Only Unsweetned khova i tried but going with sweet khova would be sure tasty!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

halwa looks awesome. i also add homemade khoa to halwa.

Varsha Vipins said...

I love this dish..:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thanks a lot for all yr encouraging words sharmi,premy,Anusriram,priya,anu, sanghi,cham,mahima and varsha....

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

hema what a coincidence,today only i bought condensed milk and carrots from the market tomake carrot halwa.looks yummy hema.

USHA said...

Hi Hema,

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet wishes. Hey you too got lovely blog..your words are very live and receipes too...

Yasmeen said...

Adding khowa does make the halwa rich,I'm craving for some right now:)

Indranee Batabyal said...

Wow...lovely halwa! Wish you a great 2009!

Sharmi said...

ya send in!! waiting:)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Yum! carrot halwa with pal khova sounds so yummy, picture looks great :)

Uj said...

Wow.. thats a nice way to fix up sweet in jiffy... Looks delicious..Love carrot halwa

Sanghi said...

U are rocking hema..!
Do check my new blog at http://www.sanghi-worldfoodtreat.blogspot.com and leave ur comments.

Vijitha said...

Looks lovely! my most fav sweet. Urs looks yummy! u got the rite colouring girl!

Srikitchen said...

looks delicious!

Adlak's tiny world said...

Oh jeyashri... send me something and don forget to inform me the feedback dear..

Thanks for the nice words Usha.

Thank u Yasmeen,Indranee, sharm, gita, Uj and vij...

sure sanghi i am on the way...

Deepthi Shankar said...

nice halwa & lovely decorations with the carrots

Nithya Praveen said...

Looks yummy...i have never tried making carot halwa in Microwave...sounds easy..its better than the long process i follow.lovely recipe!

Uma said...

beautiful presentation! carrot halwa is definitely a hit. looks so mouth-watering Hema!

Unknown said...

wow nice presentation hema looks so beautiful

Jaishree Iyer said...

Carrot halwa looks delicious...Love carrot halwa...& Lovely Presentation Hema:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

Welcome back deesha and thanks for the nice words.

Thank u so much Nithya, Uma, Rekha and Jaishree for yr lovely commnts.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow nice presentation. Carrot halwa is really a comforting and soothing winter treat.