Thursday, October 16, 2008

MUSHROOM PULAO



I decided to give some gap, at least 3 days for new posting. But my friend Jeyashri asked me to post any mushroom dishes as she is planning to arrange a get-to-gather at her place. So I m posting this stuff especially for her sake.

My daughter and my son both luv mushrooms a lot. The plate will be emptied in mts.

The basic recipe I learnt it from my sis-in-law vidhyaselvam. One fine day she brought me this and we luved it very much.

Then I started preparing and now I made some variations in this pulao. It also came out very well and hope u all too will luv this.

INGREDIENTS:

Mushrooms - 1 pack
tomatoes - 2
Green chilli 2
Turmeric powder pinch
Chilli powder ½ tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Ginger garlic paste
pulao masala, 2 tsp
Coriander powder
Mint Leaves,(optional)
Coriander leaves
Curd 1-2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil

SPICES USED;

Red chilli - 1
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon small piece
Cardamom - 2

METHOD;

Wash the mushrooms in a Luke warm water and keep aside.
Add 2 tsp of oil to the preheated pan and add all the spices one by one.When jeera starts spluttering, add mint leaves, coriander leaves and fry them for 2 min.
Add chopped onions, tomato, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli. Saute for few mts.
Add pulao masala, coriander powder, salt(acc to yr spice levels) and a pinch of turmeric.
When onions turn golden brown, add mushrooms, and close with lid.Let the mushrooms cook in its own water (if necessary add little quantity of water). When mushrooms gets half cooked, add curd and stir it well. Then add 4 cups of water. When water starts boiling add 2 cups of rice and pressure cook it.Serve with any spiced curry or any raitha...

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

Thank u so much hema.will make this weekend and give my feedback.
Looks yummy.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

Tell me also what brand of pulao masala u use

sriharivatsan said...

Hahah.....Thanx for your compliment.

Adlak's tiny world said...

jeyasri i always go for MTR brand. Cook well and enjoy the dishes ma.

anudivya said...

Did you use whole little mushrooms? Looks so cute!
Lucky Jeyashri! :)

Adlak's tiny world said...

not the whole anu i have cut them into two halves so that they look like a tree.
my dauther and my friend vidhya's daughter used to say it as tree tree mushrooms.

Unknown said...

hi thanks for visiting my blog and a lovely comment nice pulao looks so yummy keep visiting my blog

Yasmeen said...

Pulao with mushrooms is good idea,thanks for the recipe dear:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thnks Rekha for all yr commnts and interest shown on the all the posts. sure i ll visit yr blog since we are uder one roof of bloghouse right.

Thnks yasmeen. all yr commnts and suggestions are welcome alwyas.

lubnakarim06 said...

Pulao looks gr8. I like the cute little sitting and waiting eagerly to eat up the pulao.

Indian Khana said...

Mushroom Pulao looks gud...looking very nice...and thanks for dropping by my blog...keep in touch :)

Finla said...

You are really lucky that your kids love mushroom, my daughter run away from them and mostly i see her picking it out which make me cranky.

Adlak's tiny world said...

love to have all yr commnts friends. Tnks kitchen flavrs, priti and happy cook.

CurryLeaf said...

This is the third mushroom recipe I am seeing in 2 days.I am always short of mushroom recipes.I will definitely make this.I will buy masala(MTR as u suggested)this weekend

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

you have an award..

Anonymous said...

Hema it came out nice and one thing is kids didnt like mushroom .
I dont know why bcoz people here r telling that the mushroom we get here are tasteless.but pulao was nice.Thanks for ur imeediate posting.

Srikitchen said...

wow! that looks scrumptious! tell me or plz mail me if possible, how long we have to cook it in cooker, in high or low flame?

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thanks srilekha for the nice words.

For Basmati rice- cook for 2 whistle. For ordinary rice 3 to 4 whistle or depends on yr cooker type.