Saturday, November 1, 2008

PEA NUT CUP RICE

My husband asked me to do this long time back. Now only i got recipe from my mother and prepared for him. He loves all podi sadham ( ie. curry podi rice, coriander podi rice, coconut podi rice, paruppu podi rice, ellodhari etc.. etc..) Both of us liked this but not the kids.

u can store the pea nut powder in air tight container and use as and ven required. Here u go the recipe.......

INGREDIENTS

Rice 2 cup
Black til (black ellu/sesame seeds) 1 tsp
Fried pea nuts 1 ¼ cup
Red chilli 8
Dried coconut grated ¼ cup
Turmeric ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp

For tampering

Mustard ½ tsp
Urid dal ½ tsp
Bengal gram 1 tsp
Curry leaves 10

METHOD

Boil rice in adequate water so that it is not sticky allow to cool.
Grind the fried pea nuts coarsely.
Fry the redchilli and dried coconut to golden brown.
Fry the til (sesame seeds) in a dry pan and grind along with redchilli and coconut to finely powder.
Tamper all the ingredients given under tampering column to golden brown and add all the powdered ingredients to that including salt and turmeric.
Add rice and mix well and serve with pappad /vadam/ chips


This entry goes to Rice Mela hosted by Srivalli.

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

I love peanut rice.. i also put 2 pods of garlic while grinding.. it tastes very good.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

I too wil make this,but i wont add coconut.Ur s is good .As mahimaa told we can try adding garlic.

CurryLeaf said...

Seeing the recipe for the first time.Thanks for the recipe

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi, I have never tried peanut rice before and the photo looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Vidhya said...

never had this rice before. Will try this. I don't understand your doubt.

Cham said...

Peanut rice, hmmm such a nutty flavored dish

Deepthi Shankar said...

a new dish for me .. looks yumm

Anonymous said...

Hi Podi,

I never heard the podi receip. I think its new one in the world. But i will try. Could you please put your north indian receipe. Because i like north indian receipe. We all are welcome your north indian receipe. Bye for now podi.

Pavani said...

hi alka,thank u very much for ur comments...cup rice looks yummy and delicious...

Purva Desai said...

Peanut rice is new for me....but I am sure it must have tasted yumm...
Thnaks for sharing..

anudivya said...

Ooh! My mom makes something similar, we love it.
Your sounds great.

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thank u all for yr lovely commnts dears.

mahima and jeyashri i ll try yr tips adding of garlic pods nex time. thanks for the tips.

sriram i am hema not podi ok... I ll consider yr obligation soon ha ha ha....

Uma said...

never heard of this rice variety! looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Sukanya Yogesh said...

Wow, looks yummy...Never tried this before. I will surely try this recipe. Thank you for sharing. I have an award waiting for you in my blog.

Vijitha said...

Gr8 post..looks lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog.. I am from adyar but work takes me around the globe :-)

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thank u uma, sukanya nad vij.

Thank u sukanya for passing the award. soon i ll post it.

Srivalli said...

Thats such a nice rice dish..thanks for sending!