Thursday, November 20, 2008

TOMATO DOSA (ITS TANGY & TASTY)

This is my hubby's favorite dosa. I learnt it from my elder sil. She makes this whenever we visit their place in Coimbatore. At least twice or thrice in a month i used to make it for my husband.

INGREDIENTS
Boiled Rice/Idli Rice- 2 cups
Raw Rice/cooking rice-1/2 cup
Toor Dal/Red gram - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 6 or 1/2 kg
Green chillies - 3 to 5
Redchilli - 10
Ginger 1/2 inch
Asafoetida/Hing/Perungayam 1 pinch
Salt to taste
Curry leaves few

METHOD
Soak rice and dals for 3 to 5 hrs.
First Grind tomatoes, green and red chillies, make a puree of it. Keep aside.
Then grind soaked rice and dals together to a nice batter. At the last grinding stage add this puree and salt.
Grind for few mts, so that everything should mix well.
Add hing and curry leaves. Mix well.
Keep this batter for at least an hour and now the batter is ready to make delish red dosas....
It tastes well with onion chutney/coconut chutney/milagai podi....

23 comments:

Sagari said...

delecious looking dosas , and congrats for aqll those awards and thank u so much for choosong me

ONE MORE THING , IT WAS NICE TO READ YOUR MEME

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Wow the dosas are looking great they are tempting and beautifully arranged...

Finla said...

Dosa looks yumm.

Cham said...

Love the color of ur dosa , the dosa should be tangy and sweet right?

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thanks sagari, ramya, HC and cham. happy to note all yr lovely comments and responses.

U r right cham its a tangy tasty dosas. wow superb...y cant i change the name to this yar. Thanks for helping cham.

anudivya said...

Heard of this, gotta try it.
Cute plate!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

i have also made this before.. and they taste yummy.. i like it too.

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely and tangy.I love tomato and esp in rice and dosa.I make it with raw rice only .Will try your version.
Actually I have been to Kovai many many times and there is a small place called Mother's Dosa /Amma dosa where u get a variety of dosas.Once or twice I have been there,but my favourite is Annapoorna restaurant.

Usha said...

The dosas look completely yum...

Yasmeen said...

Tangy Tomatoes in dosa much be delicious,I made my dosa red next time:)

Purva Desai said...

Sounds really interesting dish and looks inviting

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thank u anu, mahima, usha,yasmeen and purva.

CL Let me try this time ver the mothers dosa is... planning to go this wk end there dear.I hve been to Annapoorna also. Hm... good one.

maimoona said...

Red dosas are something new!.
First time in your blog.Nice blog with great recipes.

Pavani said...

delicious and yummy dosa yaar,...

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

hema heard about that .but havent tried.Looks yummy.Will try it

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow looks yummy.

Finla said...

Looks yumm.
Lucky hubby to have this

AnuSriram said...

Thats looks delicious and so tempting...

Gita Jaishankar said...

I like anything made with tomatoes, I am drooling over the picture. Time to make tomato dosa for me :)

Recipeswap said...

This is very interesting......looks delicious.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Dosas are looking great & they are tempting...

Unknown said...

Luv the tomato dosas always..they look perfect with chuney :)

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thank u all for d interest shown on my dosas and comnts.