Saturday, August 9, 2008

APPAM WITH COCONUT MILK


INGREDIENTS

Raw rice 1 cup
Boiled rice 1 cup
Black gram 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seeds few
Salt to taste
Cooked rice 1/2 cup
Baking soda a pinch

METHOD

Soak all rice and gram, seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
Grind it nicely add cooked rice while grinding.
Add salt. allow to ferment minimum for 8 hours.
Add a pinch of Baking soda 10 mts before the time of making appam.
Prepare in appam pan.

I learnt this recipie from my friend Vidhya. My husband like this very much with coconut milk and my kids loves with Dosa chili powder or Onion tomato masala.

2 comments:

daughter name said...

your friend gave the easy receipe, my special thanks to her. I will make this Saturday, one big o vote for her.

bye

Anonymous said...

Vidhya's husband also lucky to have this aapaam you have a good friend, I am jealous I do not have a friend like her.